Bid adieu to dandruff naturally!
Dandruff is white flakes on the scalp, which is often embarrassing and annoying. This problem is experienced generally during the winter or as the raindrops fall on the head. Dandruff causes irritation, itching sensation, and redness of the scalp.
Many people face this problem, but not many know the cause of this problem. Here is an explanation on what causes dandruff in hair:
- It is said that excessive flaking is the sign of any already existing problems like psoriasis. Hair experts believe that dandruff can also occur when the scalp is exposed to extreme temperatures frequently.
- Individuals who tie their curls immediately after washing are likely to face the dandruff problem.
Signs and symptoms of dandruff: -
- White flakes on the scalp is the biggest and primary sign that your scalp is affected by dandruff
- Greasy flakes
- Sore scalp
- An itchy scalp
- Dirty smell from the scalp
If you are facing dandruff problem read these tips carefully:
- There are several effective anti-dandruff shampoos available in the market. They contain ingredients that are good at combating dandruff completely. It is time to say goodbye to your shampoo. Change your diet and eat something healthy. It is best to pick one of the following anti-dandruff ingredients: Zinc, salicylic acids, tea-tree oil, green tea, and coal tar.
- Use mild shampoos and conditioners. Use that shampoo at least twice a week to get rid of the problem to the soonest.
- Let your tresses dry completely after washing. Avoid tying your hair instantly after washing.
Natural remedies for dandruff: -
Home remedies for dandruff are the ideal way to treat the problem immediately, since such treatments do not produce any side effects. They are 100% natural and safe, and generally produce positive results. Some of the effective natural dandruff solutions include:
- Make a mixture of 6 tsp. of water and 2 tsp. of vinegar and apply on scalp with cotton. Leave it on overnight and rinse. Do this once a week for about a month.
- Mix a tsp of lime juice and 2 tsp of vinegar and massage the mixture on your scalp. Massage gently and wash after an hour. This treatment also gives cooling effect to the scalp.
- Before washing your hair, rub lemon on the scalp for 10 minutes. Lemon also contains anti-dandruff properties.
Follow these methods regularly for better results. If the problem persists, consult an experienced dermatologist.